DARANAK & BATLAG FALLS: A Taste of Paradise Near the Bustling City Life
I wouldn’t have thought that a place as magnificent as Daranak Falls can be found in Tanay, Rizal if I weren’t browsing the internet. Moreover, I wouldn’t even know that in the town not far from the busy life of Metro Manila, a lot is to be seen. This town may not be known for famous white sand beaches which are favorites among tourists but they sure have a lot of other things to boast for and one of them is Daranak Falls.
If you are looking for ways to be one with nature, then this is the place to be. Most people don’t realize that being one with nature is one effective way to destress and shake all of the turmoil and negativity off the body. This also gives you the chance to reflect and contemplate and freshen up your perspectives.
Daranak Falls is just the perfect place for a peaceful nature trip. The tranquility of the place offers incomparable solace. The sound of the waters relentlessly pouring down, the chirping of the birds and the wind blowing by is like nature’s own composition of a sweet, sweet ballad inviting the soul to relish environment and just be lost in time.
Several steps up the hills from Daranak Falls lies Batlag Falls. This amazing waterfall is another reason why you people should visit Tanay, Rizal very soon. It is beautiful as it is mystical. If what you want is solitude and a place to yourself, then this is the place to be.
YOU SHOULD KNOW
- Batlag Falls is situated the same area as Daranak Falls and it’s within the same vicinity but to be permitted to go to the falls, another 100php entrance fee would be needed for adults and 50php for kids.
- Batlag Falls is less crowded than Daranak Falls but the amenities and the entire surrounding is less maintained. There were trashes all over the place. Toilets and baths are not so well managed.
CALINAWAN CAVE: Nature and History in One Adventure Filled Weekend
The history of Calinawan Cave dates back during the World War 2 as this was said to have been used by the Guerrilla warriors as hideout against their enemy, the Japanese. Here became clear the aspirations and hopes of our ancestors and here dawned to them the realization to fight for freedom against the oppression of the foreign conqueror, hence the name “Kalinawan”. Nowadays, Calinawan cave is famous for being a filming spot for both local and international movies.
- To visit the place during weekdays as the place gets a bit too crowded during weekends and holidays.
- To visit the place with the purpose of harmoniously blending in with nature and not to just loiter around and cause trouble.
- To avoid activities that may be distraction to others.
- To keep the area clean. Carry with you your trashes when you leave and properly dispose them in designated garbage bins.
- To maintain the beauty of the waterfall and its surroundings.
HOW TO GET THERE
- There are series of passenger vans lined up in front of Starmall Mandaluyong, near Shaw Boulevard MRT station. Board the one bound for Tanay and get off at Tanay church or the main terminal or Tanay Supermarket which is the final drop off point. Fare is 70php.
- There are also passenger jeeps in Cubao, Quezon City which are bound for Antipolo, Rizal. From Aurora Blvd., Cubao (in front of Gateway Mall), ride an FX/jeep to Antipolo. Fare approximately 30php – 40php. From Antipolo, board a passenger jeep bound for Tanay. Fare is approximately 20php – 30php.
- At Tanay Supermarket, hire a trike that will take you to places around the town. Standard fare is 150php for Daranak Falls/Batlag Falls. They seem to be pricey so it’s best to plan your itinerary to cover all of the places you wanna go to without spending so much. 400php seems to be a fare price if you plan to go to Calinawan cave, the Parola and Daranak Falls but that depend on the driver you are talking to.
OTHER PLACES OF INTEREST IN TANAY RIZAL
- Mt. Daraitan & Tinipak River
- Regina RICA Pilgrimage Site
- Tanay Church
- Pililla Wind Farm
FEES TO PAY
Cottage/Picnic Hut/Picnic Table:
Tour Guide Fee:
- Calinawan cave – P100
SUMMARY OF EXPENSES (Waterfalls | Caving | Site seeing)
- RT Fare Tanay-Manila – P150
- Tricycle @ P400 – P80
- Food – P100
- Entrance Fees – P170
- Tour Guide Fee @P100 – P20
Total Expenses per person – P510 for a group of 5.
WHAT TO BRING
- Extra clothes
- Packed Food
- Bottled water
- Rubbish bag
0600 Meet up Star Mall Shaw Blvd
0630 ETD Tanay Rizal
0830 ETA Tanay Rizal Supermarket/Terminal
0900 Start Tour
0930 Daranak Falls
1030 Batlag Falls
1430 Calinawan Cave
1600 Tanay Church
1700 Sunset viewing in Parola
1800 Head back to Manila
2100 ETA Manila
There you go lovely people. I hope this will help you in planning your visit to the amazing Tanay Rizal. For inquiries, feel free to leave me a comment. Until next time. See yah 🙂